Why Choose Us?
We’re accepting new patients and can help with dental emergencies. Give us a call or send us an email to book an appointment.
We offer a full range of general, family, cosmetic, restorative, and emergency dentistry.
We always focus on gentle techniques and use advanced equipment to ensure your comfort.
Insurance & Fees
All of our services are priced competitively and many of our services are covered by popular insurance plans.
Memorial Dental Fillings Houston, TX
We’ll help you repair cavities and restore your mouth to full function. We always focus on gentle and compassionate care.
Composite fillings are made of a unique tooth-coloured resin, specifically designed to blend in with the rest of your mouth. They are a significantly safer, more durable, and aesthetically appealing alternative to mercury amalgam fillings.
- Matches tooth colour effortlessly
- Durable and long lasting
- Can repair cracks, gaps, and chips as well as cavities
Ask us Anything…
Dental Fillings with Dr. Kamila
If your teeth have developed cavities or sustained other minor damage, our dentist may recommend a dental filling to repair and restore them. This simple treatment can be completed in a single visit, and Dr. Kamila Husain uses only tooth-colored materials to ensure that your final results blend in with your smile. We also offer amalgam removal to remove and replace old silver fillings.
When your tooth has suffered minor or moderate damage, whether from cavities and decay or minor fracturing and chipping, our team will likely recommend a dental filling to restore the tooth to its original beauty and function. Our office uses no mercury in any of our treatments or products, opting for composite and tooth-colored filling materials instead. This ensures your restored smile looks natural and stays healthy for years to come. Some other benefits of composite fillings include:
- Increased Structural Integrity — Because composite bonds to your tooth, it strengthens the remaining natural tooth structure.
- Greater Security — Unlike amalgam fillings, composite fillings are less likely to cause cracking or fracturing in the treated tooth.
- Less Tooth Sensitivity — Composite material provides insulation from temperature changes caused by foods and beverages.
- Increased Durability — Composite seals better around the edges of the damaged area, increasing the tooth’s resistance to decay and leaks.
- More Versatility — Composite fillings can address cavities that are too small for amalgam fillings.
- Easier to Maintain — Composite fillings can be repaired and replaced without being removed from the tooth.
- Safer — No mercury or other metals are used in your composite filling, making for a safer filling.
The process for placing a dental filling requires just one comfortable visit to our office. Our dentist will first remove the decayed and damaged portion of the tooth, then clean it to remove all traces of decay. We then fill the area with the filling material and shape it to match your tooth’s shape. Finally, the filling is hardened by our dentist for a lasting restoration.
If one of your teeth is decayed or damaged, a dental filling may be a great choice for restoring your oral health and function. We invite you to call or visit us today to learn more about dental fillings and schedule your next appointment with our dentist and team. We look forward to caring for your smile!
We’ll start your appointment by freezing your mouth to ensure your comfort. Next we prepare the tooth and make sure we get rid of any built up bacteria. We will then apply the composite resin that has been colour matched to the rest of your teeth. It will be hardened using a special light, and then contoured to fit amongst your other teeth.
How long do fillings last for?
Composite fillings usually last for 10+ years.
Why should I get composite fillings instead of traditional or mercury fillings?
Traditional or mercury fillings can be harmful to your body. Additionally, traditional fillings must be fully replaced if they crack while composite fillings can be repaired. Most people also think that composite fillings are more aesthetically pleasing than other metal fillings.
Are fillings covered by insurance?
Most of our treatments are covered by a majority of insurance companies. For a more detailed explanation of your coverage please call your service provider.
Our Promise to You
You’re the Boss
THANK YOU TO ALL OF OUR PATIENTS!