Houston Root Canal Therapy
Welcoming New Patients | Open to Several Insurance Options
Our dental practice is committed to providing modern, holistic dental services in a warm and welcoming environment. Our diagnoses are informed by thoroughly investigated evidence, and we pride ourselves on educating our patients and working with them to develop customized treatment plans.
Why Us? We Provide…
- Accessibility for All Patients
- Comprehensive Dental Solutions
- A Tender and Comfortable Approach
- Competitive Pricing and Convenience
Why Choose Us?
We’re accepting new patients and can help with dental emergencies. Give us a call or send us an email to book an appointment.
We offer a full range of general, family, cosmetic, restorative, and emergency dentistry.
We always focus on gentle techniques and use advanced equipment to ensure your comfort.
Insurance & Fees
All of our services are priced competitively and many of our services are covered by popular insurance plans.
Root Canal Therapy at Dr. Kamila’s Holistic Dentistry in Houston, TX
Root canal therapy is sometimes referred to as endodontic treatment. The procedure must be performed to restore general oral health, heal an infection, or save a badly damaged tooth. “Root canal” is a term used in reference to the innermost layer of the tooth (pulp) that includes blood vessels, nerve endings, and connective tissues. Root canals are efficient in removing the infected pulp and restoring the tooth’s normal function.
If you suspect that you may require a root canal, call or email us today. Delaying or avoiding treatment can lead to worsening infection, increased pain, and potential complications.
Benefits of Root Canal Therapy
- Pain Relief
- Tooth Preservation
- Efficient Chewing and Speaking
- Natural Appearance
- Protects the Surrounding Teeth
Payment Made Easy
At Dr. Kamila’s Dentistry, we have collaborated with most insurance companies to ensure as many patients as possible are able to access our services. Speak with your insurance provider to confirm that root canals are covered by your plan.
We accept cash and card payments, and for those who would benefit from a monthly payment plan, our clinic offers Sunbit.
We have a customer support team that is available to you 24/7. Call or email us today to get more clarity on our processes or to schedule an appointment.
Ask us Anything…
Steps in the process
Diagnosis: If your symptoms include extreme sensitivity to changes in temperature, persistent toothache, swelling, or tenderness in the affected gum, you may be due for a root canal. We will start by running thorough tests and taking some images to determine the extent of damage and confirm the need for root canal therapy.
Administering Anesthesia: To ensure your maximum comfort and make the procedure as painless as possible, we will administer local anesthesia to the gum surrounding the affected tooth.
Accessing the Pulp: We will then make a tiny opening in the crown to gain direct access to the pulp chamber and root canals.
Removal of Infected Pulp: We will then go in with specialized equipment to delicately remove the inflamed dental pulp chamber. Then we’ll perform a deep clean and disinfect the area to clear out bacteria and prevent further infection.
Filling the Canals: The canals are then filled with a biocompatible material to seal them off, preventing recontamination and providing stability to the tooth structure.
Restoration: After the root canal therapy is completed, a dental crown is recommended to protect and strengthen the treated tooth.
After Root Canal Therapy
You may experience some mild discomfort or sensitivity, which will disappear in a few days. In the meantime, you can easily manage this with over-the-counter pain-killers. Your treated tooth will no longer be sensitive to temperature changes or pain. However, this comprehensive procedure will restore your normal biting functions and enhance your smile.
Is root canal therapy painful?
Thanks to advancements in dental techniques and anesthesia, most patients report feeling only some discomfort or sensitivity during the procedure.
How long does a root canal take?
The process of a root canal will vary depending on the complexity of the case. Sessions may last between 60 and 90 minutes, and you might require one to three sessions to exhaustively resolve the issues.
Is a dental crown necessary after a root canal?
Yes. The tooth’s structure may become weakened or brittle after the root canal. A dental crown will prevent future fractures, restore the tooth’s natural appearance, and allow for normal biting and chewing functions.
We are Beyond Average
- 24/7 customer care and support are available
- location that is easy to spot and access
- Streamlined services with minimized wait times
- Amenable professionals with a commitment to your oral health
- Environment and ambiance suitable for adults and children
- Use of new and improved equipment to maximize efficiency and comfort
- Multiple financing options accepted to accommodate everyone
- Extensive Imaging and Information: Our core focus is getting the correct diagnosis of any issues, and for that, we update our equipment to match emerging technologies.
- Empowered Patients: We believe patients deserve to understand what the challenge is and what needs to be done to fix it. That’s why we take the time to empower them with images and detailed explanations to inform their decisions.
- Value for Time: We like to make sure our patients know we value their time by minimizing wait times and being on time for scheduled appointments.
- Transparent Payment Details: All expenses incurred during treatment are openly communicated and displayed for our patients’ confirmation.
- Unmatched Expertise: We regularly attend meetings and health conferences, ensuring we stay ahead of the curve in our techniques.
- Warm and Welcoming Ambiance: The environment is comfortable and professional, and our team is super responsive to your needs and always ready to lend a helping hand.
- Prioritized Comfort and Pain Management: We work smart to ensure your procedure is as painless as possible.
- Health and Safety Protocols: We follow the highest standards of sterilization protocols.
- Leading Dental Team: We are highly skilled professionals with a wealth of experience who have worked together for over a decade.
It’s in Your Hands!
Call or email us today to schedule your appointment or make inquiries and begin your journey to holistic oral health.
Your First Session
We gather information by asking questions about your goals and challenges. We will then examine your mouth, and give you our recommendation for a treatment that will serve you best.
Aim to never miss a check-up. These sessions allow us to assess your progress, identify any possible threats, and keep you on track for the best oral health.
Our patients have trusted us to transform their dental health and have given their reviews. This feedback not only motivates us but also informs other patients in their decision-making process. Thank you!
Our Promise to You
You’re the Boss
THANK YOU TO ALL OF OUR PATIENTS!