Houston Tooth Extraction
Accepting New Patience | Most Insurance Accepted
We are providing tooth extractions in Houston and emergency tooth extractions services in a welcoming environment, prioritizing evidence-based diagnosis, patient education, and collaboration to develop a treatment plan tailored to your oral health goals. Our comprehensive services include wisdom teeth removal near me, and accessible dental extractions near me.
Houston Tooth Extraction
Accepting New Patience | Most Insurance Accepted
We provide gentle and compassionate care in a friendly environment. We always focus on evidence based diagnosis, patient education, and working with you to build a treatment plan that aligns with your oral health goals.
Dr. Kamila General Family Dentistry – Houston Tooth Extractions
Experience the excellence of comprehensive family dental care provided by Dr. Kamila Husain, a trusted practitioner in Houston. Together with our skilled dental team, we are dedicated to meeting all of your family’s oral health needs.
When it comes to tooth extraction, gum disease treatment, you can rely on our expertise and gentle approach. Dr. Kamila Husain has extensive experience in performing tooth extractions, ensuring a safe and efficient procedure. We prioritize your comfort throughout the process and provide thorough aftercare instructions to promote a smooth recovery.
Your family’s dental health is our priority, and we are committed to delivering exceptional care with dental bonding that leaves you with a healthy and confident smile.
Schedule an appointment with us today to experience the quality and compassion of our general family dentistry services, including professional tooth extraction.
To book an appointment, please use our convenient online form or call (713) 715-4682.
Tooth Extraction- Serving Houston and Memorial, TX
At Dr. Kamila you can enhance your oral health by undergoing tooth extractions to eliminate unhealthy or aesthetically displeasing teeth, making way for dental implants or creating a healthier space that enhances your smile.
There are various reasons why a tooth may require extraction, including injuries, decay, gum disease, overcrowding, and wisdom teeth. Extraction effectively addresses these issues, restoring both the functionality and aesthetics of your mouth.
Key Benefits Includes:
- Correction of overcrowding: Tooth extraction is recommended to alleviate overcrowding in the mouth. If your teeth are tightly packed, extracting some of them can create space, allowing the remaining teeth to align properly. This can help improve overall dental alignment and facilitate orthodontic treatment, such as braces or aligners.
- Preparation for dental implants: Tooth extraction can help create space for a dental implant. When a tooth is beyond repair, it needs to be replaced with an implant. Extraction allows for the insertion of a new, artificial tooth root, which can then support a dental crown or bridge. This helps restore the function and aesthetics of your smile.
- Prevention of infection: In cases of severe tooth decay or infection, extraction may be the best course of action to prevent the spread of infection to surrounding teeth and gums. Removing the infected tooth helps prevent the development of more serious oral health issues and reduces the risk of complications.
- Removal of damaged or diseased tooth: Tooth extraction is often performed to remove teeth that are severely damaged, decayed, or infected. By extracting such teeth, the source of pain, infection, or decay is eliminated, promoting overall oral health.
- Removal of impacted wisdom teeth: Extracting impacted wisdom teeth can relieve pain, prevent further oral health issues, and preserve the alignment of existing teeth.
Tooth Extraction With Dr. Kamila
In cases where a severely damaged tooth cannot be restored, our dentist may recommend a wisdom tooth extraction. By removing the tooth, we prevent further damage and begin the process of replacing it to fully restore your smile and oral health.
Tooth extraction involves the removal of a tooth that cannot be saved through less invasive treatments. While our team strives to avoid extractions whenever possible, sometimes it is the best option to restore your oral health and preserve your smile.
Following the extraction, our team will discuss replacement options with you to further restore the health, function, and appearance of your smile.
Our dental professionals may recommend a tooth extraction if you experience:
- Crowding caused by insufficient space in the mouth to accommodate all teeth properly.
- Severe infection that has greatly damaged the tooth and supporting bone structure.
- Decay that renders the tooth irreparable, making successful restoration impossible.
During a tooth extraction, Dr. Kamila and her team exercise exceptional care and skill to ensure your comfort and minimize discomfort. We will provide you with comprehensive post-treatment care instructions, invisalign, enabling you to properly care for your smile as it heals.
For more info on tooth extractions and to schedule a consultation at our welcoming dental office, feel free to contact us today. We are committed to improving your smile!
A tooth extraction involves removing a tooth from its socket in the bone. When a tooth is damaged or decayed, we attempt to repair it through fillings, crowns, or other treatments. However, if preserving the original tooth is not viable, extraction may be necessary.
Tooth extractions are occasionally required for cosmetic treatments as well. For instance, dental implants typically necessitate the extraction of the existing tooth.
Are there alternatives to tooth extractions?
If a tooth has reached a state of irreparable decay or significant damage, extraction is typically the best course of action to maintain and improve your oral health.
Are there any risks associated with tooth extraction?
Tooth extractions are generally safe and common. However, like any procedure, there is a minimal possibility of mild side effects or complications. Most patients with mild side effects find that they quickly subside after the extraction. Some potential side effects include:
- Gum tenderness
- Jaw stiffness
- Light bleeding
- Mild pain
- Swelling around the extraction site
How long does post-extraction pain last?
Typically, the pain associated with a tooth extraction lasts between 24 and 72 hours, while complete healing can take one to two weeks.
If you experience pain or a delayed healing process beyond these timeframes, it is advisable to seek medical assistance as it may indicate an infection.
Is a tooth extraction a painful procedure?
The local anesthesia will prevent any pain during the procedure. Some patients may experience minor discomfort due to the pressure exerted on the tooth before extraction.
What does the tooth extraction procedure entail?
To ensure your comfort, we will administer local anesthesia to numb the area surrounding the tooth. Once you are numb and cannot feel anything, we will commence the extraction process.
The socket around the affected tooth will be gently expanded, and the tooth will be carefully and painlessly maneuverer from side to side until it becomes loose enough for extraction.
What happens after the tooth has been extracted?
Following the extraction, a small stitch may be required to control any bleeding. In cases where a stitch is unnecessary, the dentist may ask you to bite down on a cotton pad to stop bleeding.
How long does a dental extraction procedure take?
A simple extraction usually takes less than one hour, including the time needed for anesthesia and the actual extraction process. Surgical extractions, which involve more complex procedures, typically take less than three hours.