Houston Wisdom Teeth Removal
Why Choose Us?
We’re accepting new patients and can help with dental emergencies. Give us a call or send us an email to book an appointment.
We offer a full range of general, family, cosmetic, restorative, and emergency dentistry.
We always focus on gentle techniques and use advanced equipment to ensure your comfort.
Insurance & Fees
All of our services are priced competitively and many of our services are covered by popular insurance plans.
Houston Wisdom Teeth Removal with Dr. Kamila
Experience exceptional family dental care provided by Dr. Kamila Husain, a trusted practitioner in Houston. We are dedicated to meeting all of your family’s dental needs, including efficient and comfortable wisdom teeth removal. Conveniently located, our modern facilities create a welcoming and comforting environment for patients of all ages.
When it comes to wisdom teeth removal, you can trust our expertise and gentle approach. Dr. Kamila has extensive experience in performing wisdom teeth extractions, ensuring the well-being of your oral health. We understand the concerns and discomfort associated with impacted wisdom teeth, and we prioritize your comfort throughout the procedure.
Our team will conduct a thorough examination and take necessary X-rays to assess the condition of your wisdom teeth. Based on our findings, we will develop a personalized treatment plan to safely remove the impacted teeth. We utilize advanced techniques and anesthesia options to ensure a pain-free and comfortable experience during the procedure.
To book an appointment, please utilize our convenient online form or call (713) 800-4200. Our friendly team is ready to assist you and provide the comprehensive care your family deserves.
Ask us Anything…
Wisdom Teeth Removal – Serving Houston and Memorial, TX
Wisdom teeth, although not essential for the structure of your mouth, can cause various issues such as infection, crowding, or decay.
If we determine that they may pose a potential risk to your oral health, we may recommend their removal. The removal process is a safe, painless, and effective solution.
Here are some key benefits of wisdom teeth removal:
- It helps prevent the risk of infection and decay.
- It prevents crowding of the teeth.
- Prevention of future complications
- Protection of orthodontic treatment like ceramic braces, Invisalign and retainers.
- Relief from pain and discomfort
There are a couple of reasons why we may recommend wisdom teeth removal, including:
- Crowding and misalignment: Wisdom teeth can exert pressure on the neighbouring teeth as they try to emerge, leading to crowding or shifting of the teeth. This can disrupt the alignment of your existing teeth, undoing the effects of orthodontic treatment you may have previously undergone. Removing wisdom teeth can help preserve the alignment of your teeth and the results of orthodontic treatment.
- Impacted wisdom teeth: Wisdom teeth or 3rd molars, often don’t have adequate space to emerge or grow properly. When they become trapped or partially erupted in the jawbone or gums, they are considered impacted. Obstructed wisdom teeth can lead to various issues, such as pain, infection, damage to adjacent teeth, and development of cysts or tumors. Removal of impacted wisdom teeth can help prevent these problems.
- Sinus problems: In some cases, the roots of the upper wisdom teeth can extend into the sinuses, causing sinus problems and recurring sinus infections. By removing the upper wisdom teeth, the risk of sinus-related complications can be reduced.
- Tooth decay and gum disease: Wisdom teeth are located at the back of the mouth, making them harder to reach and clean. This can increase the risk of tooth decay and gum disease in the wisdom teeth and surrounding areas. Removing the wisdom teeth can help prevent these oral health issues and maintain optimal oral hygiene.
- Tumors and Cysts: In rare cases, wisdom teeth can develop cysts or tumors. These growths can cause damage to the jawbone, teeth, and nerves. Removal of the wisdom teeth can eliminate the risk of cysts and tumors and prevent potential complications.
Our experienced dental team will carefully evaluate your situation and discuss the best course of action for your specific needs. We prioritize your comfort and strive to provide a positive experience throughout the wisdom teeth removal process.
Feel free to schedule an appointment with us to further explore the benefits and discuss your wisdom teeth removal options.
Houston Wisdom Teeth Removal with Dr. Kamila
We may recommend the extraction of your wisdom teeth to prevent infection, damage, and misalignment of your teeth. We will closely check your teeth to decide if extraction is necessary and work with you to ensure a comfortable removal session.
Wisdom teeth, also referred to as 3rd molars, often face space limitations and tend to emerge improperly due to being the last teeth to grow. This can cause teeth impaction or growth at odd angles where the teeth don’t fully break through the gum tissue and jawbone.
Improper eruption of wisdom teeth can lead to dental issues including:
- Damage to neighbouring teeth
- Damage to the jawbone
- Disruption of tooth alignment and orthodontic treatment
- Formation of cysts
- Infection and swelling of the gums
- Tooth decay
To prevent these severe problems and maintain your oral health, our dental pros may recommend wisdom teeth removal after evaluating the positioning of your wisdom teeth.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring that your wisdom teeth removal treatment is as straightforward and comfortable as possible. Contact us today to learn more about wisdom teeth removal and take steps towards maintaining a healthy smile.
Please note that local anesthesia is usually used for the extraction, but more complex cases may require a referral to a dental surgeon. Recovery from the procedure is typically swift, typically taking two or three days.
Are there any risks or complications associated with wisdom teeth removal?
As with any surgical procedure, there are some risks involved with wisdom teeth removal, although they are relatively rare. Potential complications include infection, dry socket (alveolar osteitis), nerve damage, and excessive bleeding. Your dentist or oral surgeon will discuss these risks with you and take appropriate measures to minimize them.
How long does it take for the swelling to go down after wisdom teeth removal?
Swelling after wisdom teeth removal typically peaks within the first 48 to 72 hours and gradually subsides over the following days. It may take around one week for the swelling to fully resolve, but individual healing times can vary.
Is wisdom teeth removal a painful procedure?
Wisdom teeth removal is typically performed under local anesthesia, so you should not feel discomfort during the operation. However, some inflammation or pain may be experienced during the recovery period. Your dentist or oral surgeon will provide appropriate pain management techniques and instructions to help manage any discomfort.
How long will it take me to recover after wisdom teeth removal?
Your recuperation period may vary depending on the difficulty of the extraction and the individual’s healing process. Generally, it takes about a few days to a week for the initial healing, but complete healing of the extraction site can take several weeks. Your dentist will provide post-operative instructions to promote healing and minimize any complications.
When is the right time to have my wisdom teeth removed?
While there is no specific age that can be considered as the “best” for wisdom teeth removal, it is generally advisable to have them removed as soon as possible.
Why? Because they cause problems, typically during the late teens or early twenties when the roots are not fully formed and complications are less likely
The timing for wisdom teeth removal varies for each individual, and it depends on factors such as the development and position of the wisdom teeth, oral health considerations, and the recommendation of your dentist or oral surgeon.
Will my insurance provider cover my wisdom teeth removal?
The coverage for wisdom tooth extraction can vary depending on your dental insurance plan. In most cases, insurance companies cover wisdom teeth removal, especially when it is deemed medically necessary or when there are complications associated with the wisdom teeth.
To determine the exact coverage provided by your insurance plan, call your insurer. They can offer you in-depth information regarding the extent of coverage, any confines or omissions, and any out-of-pocket expenses you may be responsible for.
Why do I need to have my wisdom teeth removed?
Wisdom teeth often don’t have enough space to properly emerge or develop, leading to various dental problems. Removing them can prevent complications such as infection, tooth damage, misalignment, cyst formation, and gum inflammation.
Our Promise to You
You’re the Boss
THANK YOU TO ALL OF OUR PATIENTS!